Saturday, June 25, 2011

Crash

Nothing puts life into perspective like a tragedy. It's hard to believe that I felt the walls were tumbling down on May 20. In reality, they didn't actually crash until later that evening when my mother fell in the bathroom and had to be rushed to not one ER, but two due to the need for a trauma unit. Five weeks later, we are still living in the remains of this disaster. What was originally a fractured arm and face has turned into a compound (exposed bone) fracture and pneumonia. It looks as if life might return to normal in the near future, but in the meantime, we are digging through the rubble and have come to realization that weight loss or gain is a minor part of what's important when faced with the stress and trauma our family has endured. I think back to the days when I wasn't sure what to cook only to realize that it's been over five weeks since I actually prepared a home-cooked meal. My exercise during this time has consisted of trekking across the hospital parking lot and hauling my mother's belongings all over a medical facility. Thinking about those days when I dreaded my morning walks with Cedric reminds me of just how lucky I was to have them. I long for nothing more than the time and energy to repeat those jaunts. Soon. Very soon. I feel that recovery is in the wings. I can only hope and pray that life will begin to resemble what was once taken as normal. Soon.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate you considering me for this position. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for sharing your opinion. I value your honesty and will respond as quickly as possible.

    ReplyDelete