Friday, April 29, 2011

Picking up the Pieces

Watching the royal nuptials this morning gave me a sense of hope. Yes, I know that there is real news and much more important issues and events, but watching these two young people who are obviously besotted with one another exchange vows made me smile all day. I couldn't get Jerusalem, probably one of the most British songs I know, out of my head. I sang it while I cleaned house, I hummed it while grocery shopping, and even now, I have it running through my mind. Having earworms usually annoy me, but not today. The song revived memories of the beauty and the splendor of the morning and left me feeling that while there are bads things happening around us, moments of happiness exist.

This morning reminded me of perseverance. Despite tough times in his life, Prince William endured and came out a winner. The same can be said of his relationship with Kate. Throughout their courtship, they hit rough patches, but they always came back stronger. Perseverance. I realize it's a stretch, but this got me thinking about my family's journey toward fitness. We've tried numerous times to be successful in our quest, but never managed to get back on track. Not this time though. I'm determined to get us healthy. I'm not giving up. I will persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment