Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blurry Days and Mondays

I know, I know. It's not Monday; it's Tuesday. But yesterday was a blur, so I've decided to start the week over. Why was yesterday a blur? Could be because I stayed up until 4:15 am finishing my final exam paper. While this might okay for your average college student, but as a nearly 49 year old ... well, let's just say that yesterday wasn't pretty. Actually, it might have been; I just wasn't awake enough to get a good glimpse!

The upside to my all-night writing spree is that I'm free. FREE!!!! I have no more journal articles to read, no more reading response papers to write, no more classes to interfere with our evening meals. FREE!!!! Maybe it's because this class was so challenging and intense, but I have to admit that I feel at least 20 pounds lighter. A huge weight has been lifted. As a result of feeling so light ... or light-headed, I went a little crazy yesterday. This time, it was definitely Charlie Sheen crazy. I was truly winning! Well, that is until I woke up this morning and realized what I'd done. Confessions - we all went to our favorite Mexican restaurant where we ate endless amounts of chips and salsa. No margaritas, mind you. But yeah, those chips were flowing. Portion sizes were reduced because we went for lunch, but I happily confess the sins of my celebration. It was delicious. I mean - REALLY delicious. I don't want to do it again for a long time, but it was exactly what I needed. Ready for more? Yes, there is more. Well, since my mother abstained from my family's lunch time excursion, and you know, I had to include her in my celebrations, right? We went to Red Mango for some scrummy frozen yogurt. I made a small parfait of strawberry frozen yogurt with strawberries, blueberries, and slivered almonds. Divine. Bliss. I LOVE Red Mango. It was the perfect ending to my blurry day.

Did I wake up full of remorse? Naw. We're all allowed to pull a Charlie Sheen once in a while. In retrospect, it could have been much worse. I had refrained from consuming my usual bags full of chocolate tofffee popcorn, I exercised on Sunday, and I didn't eat anything except my Mexican meal and yogurt yesterday. In all, I probably consumed about the same amount of calories as I would on a "normal" day. I don't feel guilty, and I'm definitely not going to beat myself up about going out for a scrummy meal and yogurt. I had earned it. I'm going back to my usual routines today. It's okay. But the memories - ahhh - the memories. Yep, just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment