Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day Tradition - BROKEN!

Mother's Day means a trek to Costco to pick up one ... maybe two cartons of the most enormous triple-chocolate dipped strawberries. We're talking PURE decadence at its best. These delicacies are total bliss. Pop a couple on a plate, cut them in half, and chow down. Repeat until the entire dozen is consumed ... in less than an hour.

This year is different. I will not make my annual shopping excursion to Costco even though I know these scrummy delights are filling at least one cooler on this Mother's Day weekend. No, I refuse to fall victim to the call of the chocolate strawberries. I must continue to resist. This weekend, of all others, I must stay focused on my family's losses over the past three weeks. I must remind myself of how loose my pants feel. I cannot heed the call of temptation. Instead, I will satiate my desire with a beautiful parfait of organic strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream. My parfait will be tastier than those chocolate Costco berries. Yeah. Sure. Uh-huh. Well ... that's what I'm telling myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment