Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another Great Start

The morning began with a bang! A heavy rain/wind storm was expected in our neck o' the woods, so I immediately ran the dogs out to take care of business while the weather was cooperative. Nothing beats trying to coax your pups to do business in the rain. They don't want to be there, and YOU don't want to be there! As soon as outdoor duty was complete, I immediately began chores and even squeezed in a trek to my favorite place in the world - Trader Joe's. I had already begun a draft of our weekly menu before heading to TJ, but once at the grocery mecca, I gathered new ideas to supplement my plan. I stuck to my list and ended up spending less on groceries than I have in a very long time. It's amazing how much impulse and snack shopping costs us. As soon as I got home, I wolfed down my scrummy Greek yogurt and granola. I had the Acai Blues today. Very low-fat for granola - only 4 g fat per 1/2 cup. Considering I add only 1/4 cup, not bad! I consumed less than 200 calories for nearly 30 g protein. How cool is that? And best of all, it was full of calcium, low in sugars, gluten-free, no HFCS, and most importantly - it will keep me feeling full until a late lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment