Thursday, April 21, 2011

The End of Week One

It was an uneventful end of our first week as a "fit" family. We all ate healthy lunches and snacks, and dinner was a success. I made chicken curry using Trader Joe's Masala Sauce and a packet of pre-cut veggies that included red onions, mushrooms, and asparagus. I added a dash or two of curry powder and ginger for a more intense flavor. I didn't make the same mistake as last night with my rice. Instead, I decided to use the last of our organic basmati because I didn't want to risk another late dinner.

After dinner, we sat down and discussed meals for next week. I got some good ideas on how to plan for the upcoming week. I want to get a little more creative and add a vegetarian meal one night. We'll see. Please feel free to share any ideas! Please keep in mind that I am gluten-intolerant and maintain a strict gluten-free diet.

My husband confessed tonight that he weighed-in this morning. Apparently, he couldn't help himself to the scale while my daughter and I had taken the dogs on their morning walk. I won't spoil the surprise, but I will tell you that it's been a GREAT week ... at least for him! Actually it's been a great week for all of us. Regardless of what the numbers show, I already feel like we've had success. My daughter asked for a packet of mango this afternoon while shopping at Trader Joe's. This is momentous; she usually begs for a box of cookies. Yep, I'd definitely say this has been a successful week!

2 comments:

  1. I love you guys:) I promise I won't remind Sinead about my 'medicine' (skittles)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Trader Joe's simmer sauces! They add some unbelievable flavor, the Masala is one of my favorites. If you are into Indian flavors check out the Madras Lentils either at TJ's or Tasty Bite! Paired with some of their frozen Basmati rice it makes a 3 minute delicious meal!

    ReplyDelete