Monday, April 25, 2011

The Call of the Peeps

With every holiday comes the day after sale. And of course, Easter wouldn't be Easter without Peeps. And nothing beats these delectable marshmallow treats quite like finding them at half price.

As a younger gal, I remember stalking the morning after Easter candy sales in search of marshmallow chocolate eggs for my daddy. Those were his Easter weapon of mass destruction. The love of marshmallow delights is in my blood. It's only natural that I crave Peeps throughout the Easter season. Oh, those pastel-colored, sugar-coated chicks and bunnies. To quote Homer Simpson, "ulggggggh."

While I shamefully confess that I did indeed answer the call of the half-priced Peep, I want you to know that I didn't go crazy. Nope, I just needed one final taste of the Easter season, one small row of those delicate chicks. Alas, they have been consumed. Farewell, my pastel pals. Adieu, my sweet marshmallow creatures. We'll see you again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment