Friday, April 22, 2011

Drum Roll, please ...

Today is the day we've all been working towards - our first weigh-in. Let me tease you by saying that this is a house filled with some very happy and fit people! Actually, happy only scratches the surface of our emotions. Elated. Exultant. Jubilant. TRIUMPHANT.

So ... are you ready?


WEEK ONE


April 22, 2011
Weight - lbs
Waist - inches
Hips - inches
Chest - inches
L Arm - cm
R Arm - cm
L Thigh- cm
R Thigh - cm
Mom
+.2
-1”
-2”
-2”
-1.5 cm
-2.5 cm
-2 cm
-2.5 cm
Dad
-7.6
-1”
-3.25”
-2”
-.5 cm
-3 cm
-2 cm
+.5 cm
Daughter
-1.4
-1”
-1”
-2”
-1 cm
-3 cm
-3 cm
-3cm



Yes, my weight spiked up a hair, but I'm not the least bit concerned because I lost body inches. And a lot of 'em! Actually, there's a lot less of ALL of us! Look at how much less there is of us! My husband is usually all about how much weight he's lost whenever he changes his eating and exercise habits. However,after re-measuring him this morning, he conceded that weight loss is more than what's on the scale. The scale only provides a small part of the weight loss picture. This is very important to keep in mind when you dive into a weight loss program. Also, remember that muscle weighs more than fat. Don't be surprised if you add a few pounds after amping up your exercise routine.

My new routine of taking walks in the morning is a hit. I don't know who enjoys them more - me or my dogs! I just send apologies to my neighbors who might catch a glimpse of me in tattered shorts, scruffy t-shirt, and just-rolled-out-of-bed hair. Aw heck, come to think of it, it's probably better than how they've seen me most mornings on the front lawn - flowered yellow PJs with me shouting to the dogs, "Make a poo poo!" So yeah, probably nothing to worry about.

So, we're off to a great start for week two. Motivation is high and we're ready for a new week. Why don't you join us on this journey? Remember, this isn't just about weight loss. It's also about making permanent healthy lifestyle changes. Winne the Pooh said it perfectly, "It's so much friendlier with two." Tag along and share your successes with us. We'd love to hear about your triumphs, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment