Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Straying from a Plan Doesn't Mean Going Off Course

Today, I learned how to change plans midstream without capsizing our goal. I decided to switch up our meal plan today in order to satisfy hunger and individual cravings of everyone in the house. Instead of making kabobs as I had indicated on the meal plan, I asked everyone what they were hungry for. My daughter immediately chose salmon and tator tots. My husband wanted one of his vegetarian meals, a fake BBQ chicken that he made into a sandwich with Great Harvest Honey Wheat bread. I had beef kabobs on a bed of basmati rice. Everybody is happy tonight; tummies are full.

My decision to let our boat steer off course tonight was a good one. I was a little nervous about not adhering to our set menu, but I knew that there might be a revolt if I continued to have a hungry husband and a tot-less child. Will these changes ruin our chances of success on Friday morning? I don't think so. We continued to monitor portion sizes despite the fact that we ate what we wanted. My daughter and I counted out the tator tots after determining the serving size. I measured the rice before putting it on my plate. My husband calculated the amount of calories in his fake chicken. We were all aware of what we were consuming. Miracles never cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment