Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Morning Musings

Song of the Day: Monday Monday by The Mamas and the Papas


Have you ever woken convinced that you had miraculously lost weight  overnight? Well, that's the way I felt as I laid in bed this morning. I'm fairly confident that I'm lighter today than I was yesterday. Unfortunately, I couldn't race to the scales to check because our family made a pact that we could only weigh ourselves once a week on the Friday weigh-in. After much discussion, we realized that if we weighed daily, we would become obsessed with numbers - something we didn't want to happen. Besides, we all know the frustration of losing a pound or two one day and then gaining it back the next. Therefore, we decided not to fall into that defeatest trap! So, alas, I must wait until Friday and relish the feeling that perhaps I'm a wee bit slimmer today.

Yesterday, I wore what I affectionately call my "skinny pants." Truth be told, none of my pants would ever really fit into the category of "skinny," but these pants have no extra give like my well-worn and well-stretched jeans. Thus, they are my "skinny pants." I deliberately chose these snug-fitting khakis because I was afraid that my old jeans had helped me get comfortable with my current weight. I sort of feel like we're fish. The bigger the pond; the bigger we get. Those jeans, while I still love them, have become my "big pond." Sure, the button on my "skinny pants" dug into my tummy whenever I sat down yesterday. In fact, I probably have a permanent indentation, thank you very much. But despite the discomfort in wearing them, they sort of gave me a goal to work towards. They also reminded me that the last time I wore these "skinny pants," I was indeed, much thinner! Will I still grab my old Lee's once in a while? Absolutely. But will they be the integral part of my wardrobe as they've become over the past six months? No way. I need to downsize. I'm moving to a smaller pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment