Saturday, April 30, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Song of the Day: Back in the Saddle Again by Gene Autry

Well, we did it. We're back on track! I woke up, threw on clothes, latched leashes, and the pups and I hit the road amongst a neighborhood filled with yard sales. The pups found the extra cars and people pretty interesting while all I could think was how silly I must look with "jumped-out-of-bed" hair and mismatched shorts and t-shirt. Oh well. It'll give them something to post on Facebook!

We've started this morning with a quick weigh-in. The good news is that my weight didn't change. I'm the same as last week. While this might be depressing for some folks, after the many meals out, changes to plans, and of course, my Peep addiction. I'm thrilled that my daily exercise kept up with my naughtiness. My husband was a bit of a loser this week - not much though. He dropped .4 of a pound. My daughter has yet to rise in order to weigh-in. I'll post her progress later tonight.

Upon reflection of this week, I can easily identify reasons why our weight loss was minimal ... or in my case, non-existent. Besides the numerous changes this week, I also realize that I need to change up our dinner plans to avoid boredom. I went to the library the other day and checked out a boatload of books. One of the most interesting and helpful is called The Complete Idiot's Guide - Glycemic Index Cookbook. I found oodles of yummy and healthy recipes in this cookbook. You'll see when you take a peek at my menu plan for the week! Another thing I intend to do this week is eliminate family dining. I know my daughter adores having all of the food on the table, but I have learned that when the food is there, people will eat it. Instead, I will serve food on our dinner plates and immediately box any leftovers for lunch. Out of sight, out of mind.

I'm hopeful that week three will bear the fruit of our efforts. I go into knowing it though that weight loss won't happen on it's own. It's going to take more than planning; it'll take STAYING on that plan! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment