Saturday, April 16, 2011

Off-track Doesn't Mean Failure

You know what they say about best laid plans? Well ... Mother Nature didn't cooperate with ours today. My whole schedule went wonky due to the weather. Not that this is necessarily a good excuse for the failings of today, but I don't care - I'm pulling the weather card!

I had a great breakfast, but lunch ... hmm ... not sure what happened ... but I do know that it didn't happen. Well ... not for me. My husband and daughter both enjoyed a healthy lunch. Instead, I opted for a small ... yes, I said small coconut ice cream in a cup from the Belmont General Store aka the best ice cream place in the world. I mean ... it really was a small amount ... and I shared bites with my two Poodles. So, I mean, you're going to throw me a bone on this one, aren't you? Please?! Okay, while you consider my plea, I will tell you that dinner was a success. I made chicken and beef kabobs served with rice, broccoli, and a yummy salad. I finished dinner with a blend of succulent strawberries encased in whipped cream. It was absolutely divine. In fact, it was so delicious that my daughter and I both begged each other for seconds. You'll be proud to know that after some consideration, we both agreed to wait until tomorrow. But ahhhh - the strawberries are absolutely delicious right now. Buy some ... NOW!!

I'd prefer not to share my exercise (or lack of) habits with you. Remember - our schedules got all messed up due to the weather! Okay, I walked a little over a mile on the treadmill, but I didn't make it to the pool before it closed. Darned pool closes at 5 pm. Anyway, I hope to make it up with an extra long swim tomorrow.

Although I had some setbacks due to Mother Nature today, and I was tempted by a treat I only get once every two weeks, I feel like we got it all back on track by the end of the day. Just because you slip a little doesn't mean you've lost the game!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great! What is important is you got it together for dinner and you made great choices the next day. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jenn. We realize there will be days when we don't want to stick to the food plan, but it's good to know that we have the will-power to stay on track with our goals. Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete